Students’ Association Sponsored Scholarships & Awards
The Students’ Association sponsors three scholarship programs as described below. They are all open to members of the Students’ Association. Application forms are available from counsellors and from the Registrar’s Office.
Role Model Award
The Students’ Association wishes to acknowledge students who are role models. There are two role model scholarships: one for post-secondary students which is partnered with the Northern Alberta Development Council and the other which is for non-post-secondary students which is partnered with the Board of Governors. These two $2000 awards are offered annually at the end of January. Deadline for applications is December 7.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they are a role model in at least 3 of the following categories: community involvement, leadership in and outside of school, academic improvement, willingness to assist other students and the ability to overcome difficulties to do well at school.
- Applicants must demonstrate some financial need.
- Recipients of this award are not eligible to apply again for 2 years after receiving the award.
The NADC partner also includes the following two criteria for the post-secondary student.
- Applicants must have lived in Alberta for the last 3 years.
- Applicants must commit to live and work in northern Alberta for 6 months upon graduation in their new career.